If you’ve ever spent more than one hour with me then you have heard about my dog Nimbus. I can’t describe how important this animal is to me or how much I love him. I always had tons of animals growing up: cats, dogs, lizards, guinea pigs. But Nimbus is really something special. My mom gave him to me as a college graduation present in May of 2013. He was exactly 7 weeks old, and everything I ever dreamed of.
Our first night together with my sister:
This year I cannot believe it but he turned FOUR years old. And to celebrate we made PUP-CAKES!
- 1 Egg
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1 Banana
- 1/3 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter ( + extra for “frosting” )
- 2 TBSP Flour
- 2 TBSP Rolled Oats
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Water
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mash your banana and stir together in a medium sized bowl with the egg and honey.
- Add in the peanut butter and stir until smooth. I couldn’t get mine totally smooth and it still turned out!
- Then, stir in the flour, oats, baking powder, and water until well combined.
- Let sit on the counter for 20 minutes or so, and then spoon into your mini muffin pan! Mine made about 10.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until your utensil comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool, and then frost with additional peanut butter!
The dogs pretty much swallowed these whole so I’m not sure they really appreciated all the flavors and thought that went into making them, but they were still fun to make!
Happy Birthday Nim!